Your First Visit
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. You will need to bring with you, a photo ID and your current insurance card.
To expedite your check-in time on the first visit, feel free to print the following registration form, fill it out completely and bring it with you to the office for your first visit, AND complete the history form online prior to your first visit.
- Print the registration form
- Complete the history form online (Our office will provide login credentials. Please call or email us for those credentials.)
- Medicare patients please fill out the supplemental history form
Now more than ever, ongoing changes with health insurance plans make it especially important to understand your coverage and know the costs you must pay when visiting your physician, having tests, and undergoing procedures. For this reason, Dermatology Solutions LLC recommends that you learn the specifics of your plan before upcoming health care visits.
Your insurance plan may require multiple copays, higher deductibles, and co-insurance. Coverage will depend on the type of plan you have chosen. Dermatology Solutions LLC participates in a variety of health plans. For this reason, we have developed a billing process that accepts benefits from participating plans. As a service to you, we will submit a claim to your insurance company for all visit charges, but we do not share in the contract between you and your insurance company. You are responsible for any charges/fees not covered by your insurance plan.
You can learn the details of your policy by visiting your insurance company’s Web site or contacting its customer/member services department. The back of your insurance card should include the phone numbers and Web site addresses you’ll need.
Cо-Payments, Deductibles & Co-Insurance
If your insurance plan includes a co-pay, it must be paid upon check-in on the day of service. Failure to collect a required co-payment can constitute insurance fraud. If you cannot pay your co-pay on your day of service we will ask that you reschedule your appointment.
If your plan carries a deductible which has not been met, you will be asked to pay a minimum of 50% of the visit charges at the time of service. If your deductible has been met and your plan includes co-insurance, you will be asked to pay a percentage of your co-insurance at the time of service.
Please note that your heath insurance is a contract between you, your employer and your insurance carrier, Dermatology Solutions LLC will bill your insurance carrier for the services rendered, whatever remaining portion not covered by your insurance will be your responsibility.
Some insurance plans require a prior authorization or a referral from a patient's Primary Care Physician to see a Specialist. You can determine whether you need prior authorization or a referral by checking your insurance card or by calling your insurance company, using the telephone number on the back of the card. Contact your primary care provider (PCP) if a a prior authorization or referral is needed for your visit. If either a prior authorization or referral is required, it must be received by us prior to your first visit.
- Please call the office at 480-832-2213 if you know you are going to miss an appointment as appointments are limited.
- To cancel an appointment, please call at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you need to cancel a surgery or other lengthy procedure, please call at least 48 hours in advance.
- If you miss a follow up appointment for Isotretinoin (Accutane), you may run out of medication. Please contact us to avoid this problem.
- We charge a $25.00 fee for missed appointments or failure to cancel an appointment. This charge is your responsibility and will be billed to you.
- If you arrive 15 minutes or more after your scheduled appointment time, we may ask that you re-schedule your appointment.
- We accept cash, personal check, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
- Cosmetic and elective procedures require full payment on the day of service.
- Some diagnoses might be considered cosmetic or may not be covered by your insurance company. Payment in full for these cosmetic services will be required at the time of service. Services provided which your insurance company determines are not covered under your plan are your responsibility and will be billed to you. If you have any questions regarding your benefits and coverage, please contact your insurance company.
Financial Responsibility of Minors
Financial responsibility falls to the parent or legal guardian who accompanies a minor patient to the office visit will be responsible for the account.
Children and young adults under age 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on their first visit. Our providers are not able to see small children without a parent or legal guardian present. Once the initial visit has been established, children and young adults of driving age can be seen without parent or legal guardian if we have a signed permission form.
Patients without health insurance are welcome at Dermatology Solutions. Full payment for services is expected at the time of service.
Patients must bring written authorization with their claim number, company name and mailing address - plus the adjuster's name, mailing address and telephone number.