The skin is the largest organ in our body. It is susceptible to a wide range of ailments that can be common, while others can be very difficult to treat or even life-threatening. At Dermatology Solutions, we have in-depth knowledge of these conditions and utilize the most optimal therapies for your condition, to maintain skin health as well as prevent disease. Our mission is to provide solutions for Healthy, Happy Skin!
The following are some of the common conditions dermatologists treat:
- Acne: red, pimple-like bumps on the skin
- Actinic keratoses: sun induced red spots that can turn into cancer
- Skin Cancer: including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and the most serious type, melanoma
- Rashes, which can be secondary to allergies, medication, certain medical treatments, a reaction to infections from viruses, bacteria or fungal.
- Dermatitis: which may be from chronic conditions such as eczema or allergic contact dermatitis, to lichen planus
- Skin infections, including difficult-to-treat infections in people with weakened immune systems
- Genital disorders
- Warts of all types, including those that may result from sexually transmitted diseases
- Blistering disorders, rare autoimmune conditions such as pemphigus and pemphigoid. Other problems that can cause blisters include certain medications, as well as a group of inherited disorders called epidermolysis bullosa.
- Connective tissue diseases, such as the autoimmune disease lupus, and dermatomyositis, vasculitis, which affects blood vessels. Other related diseases include scleroderma and morphea, two conditions that cause the skin to harden.
- Hair loss or excessive hair growth
- Hyperhidrosis, a condition of excessive sweating
- Psoriasis, an autoimmune disease marked by red skin and white scaly patches.
- Pigmentation disorders, including vitiligo, which can cause white areas of skin in darker skinned people, melasma, darkening of skin
- Leg ulcers
- Cutaneous manifestation of lymphoma, leukemia
Dermatology Solutions provide therapeutics including topical and systemic treatments for common skin disorders to complex therapeutics including the use of biologics for treatment of psoriasis to immunomodulators for treatment of autoimmune driven skin disorders. Solutions for Healthy, Happy Skin also includes education and preventive care.
- Nonsurgical treatments for some types of skin cancer
- Light and laser therapy to care for a range of medical and cosmetic concerns
- Anti-aging treatments to improve the appearance of aging skin
- Mole mapping and full body skin exams and full body skin exams to check for skin cancer or precancerous lesions. These are ideal for patients with many moles, oddly shaped moles called dysplastic nevi, or a personal or family history of skin cancer.
- Topical medications and light therapy to prevent and treat precancerous lesions called actinic keratoses
- Customized skin care for all skin types, including those with ethnic skin
- Patch tests to identify and prevent skin allergies
- Education and support for patients with chronic skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis and eczema